Wednesday, March 18, 2009

third brew (african amber ale), part 5

It seemed like the brewing of another beer was a good time to see how the African Amber clone was coming along, despite it being less than two weeks in the bottle. I opened one of the bottles marked US and poured into a pint glass. This Russian Roulette with the seven unsanitized bottles should be interesting!


No head to speak of, but it's well carbonated already. I think it tastes great and is well balanced. For the first few swallows it struck me as having a tartness that I didn't recall being there before, but then it went away. Maybe I just needed a palate cleansing.

I'll probably give it a couple more weeks before doing a comparison with its namesake. However, this is an ale that I could contentedly drink any time.

No comments: