Thursday, February 12, 2009

coffee pot ale, part 5 (tasting)

Having bottled the coffee pot ale over a month ago I thought I'd give it a try. There was a fair amount of yeast at the bottom of the bottle. Opened with a slight hiss, poured with about three eights inch of head. Clarity is pretty good; I can read this text through the glass with some effort. Nice reddish hue.

It doesn't taste as weird as I expected it to. I mean, it's entirely recognizable as beer. It's a bit malty with a slight tartness and not much in the way of hops. Carbonation is nice. Overall it seems slightly watered-down, though. Not a lot of body and the flavor is just kind of thin, particularly the aftertaste once the carbonation is no longer contributing anything.

Well, an interesting and fun experiment!

No comments: