Wednesday, December 16, 2009

hard raspberry-pomegranate-apple cider, part 3

The raspberry-pomegranate-apple cider, bottled back in November, is really good. It has clarified beautifully, is nicely carbonated, and has lost its yeastiness. The flavors are well balanced. I didn't take any gravity measurements so I don't know the ABV but it has a surprising kick. I'd say it's in the 6% to 7% range.



I don't know that I'd be able to identify the non-apple fruit flavors without knowing the ingredients, but it definitely has a detectable touch of something different.



I should make something like this again. A puree of a couple of whole pomegranates per gallon of apple cider would probably be sufficient to dramatically affect both color and flavor.

I bottled this in the clear EZ-cap bottles that did not seal well when used for a previous ale. That must have been a usage error, as I've not had any trouble since then.

No comments: